Don Gagnon has 30 years of experience in components engineering in a wide variety of space- and ground-based systems, to assist Fort Wayne-area companies in fulfilling program contractual requirements on component-based issues. His knowledge applies to all component commodities, with special emphasis on specifying part requirements, part sourcing and qualification, manufacturer facility surveys, data analysis and DPA/FA.
- ITT Space Systems, Fort Wayne, IN (1982-2008), Staff Component Engineer. Responsibilities included:
- Providing assistance to Design Engineering in selecting components that meet program needs and contractual requirements, while being the most cost-effective solution.
- Review and maintenance of space-level component acceptance data.
- Assisted procurement in selecting qualified component manufacturers and negotiating contracts.
- Provided general program support in all aspects of electrical and mechanical component selection and implementation.
- Conducted on-site component manufacturer qualification and troubleshooting visits. Performed program liaison function for several classified and non-classified space programs (held a top secret security clearance).
- Attention to projects in multiple programs simultaneously
- Component Engineering methodology
- Component documentation generation
- Knowledge in MS Office applications
- Problem-solving and identifying acceptable solutions
- Michigan Technological University (1979), one class short of a B.S. in Electrical Engineering